Tom Ford Beauty Hyper Lip Spark ($56.00 for 0.1 oz.) is a deeper, reddish-burgundy with subtle, cool undertones paired with a metallic sheen. It had nearly opaque color payoff in a single layer, which applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without tugging.
The texture was lightly emollient, smooth, and thin without being clingy or difficult to work with. The product didn’t emphasize my lip lines or lip texture, which is always a plus with a more metallic finish. It stayed on well for five hours and felt lightly hydrating over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Nimbus (LE, $6.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Hot Flash (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Combat (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, less glossy (90% similar).
- MAC Death by Chocolate (LE, $17.50) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- UOMA Beauty Mother (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Pure Society (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC On and On (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Ciate Forbidden (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, less glossy (85% similar).
- Dior Daisy Plum (976) (P, $35.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Stinger (LE, $56.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$56.00/0.1 oz. – $560.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to “look” like “loose glitter on lips” with “uniform payoff” and “multidimensional color” paired with an “emollient” feel. The pigmentation varied from medium to semi-opaque that adhered evenly and fairly smoothly to my lips. The consistency varied from emollient without any grit/texture from the glittery bits to slightly noticeable during application but didn’t feel gritty or rough to me while worn (for any of the shades).
The texture had slip but was lightweight and on the thinner side, so it did not feel slippery. Only one shade was problematic–Surge–which clumped up and was sheerer compared to the other shades. They lasted between four and six hours and were lightly hydrating over time. They had a hint of vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Lip Spark swatches.
OLYBUTENE  CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE  CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE  POLYETHYLENE  CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE  SILICA  MICROCRYSTALLINE WAXCERA MICROCRISTALLINACIRE MICROCRISTALLINE  DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE  OCTYLDODECANOL  CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL  DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE  FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)  VANILLIN  SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE  DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE  ALUMINA  ALCOHOL  WATERAQUAEAU  ALUMINUM CALCIUM SODIUM SILICATE  CALCIUM TITANIUM BOROSILICATE  TIN OXIDE  PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE  [+/- MICA  TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)  IRON OXIDES (CI 77491)  IRON OXIDES (CI 77499)  BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090)  BRONZE POWDER (CI 77400)  YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)  RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200)  YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)  RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850)  RED 6 (CI 15850)  RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410)  RED 7 (CI 15850)  RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380)  RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360)  COPPER POWDER (CI 77400)  CARMINE (CI 75470)  BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)  IRON OXIDES (CI 77492)]