Lethal Cosmetics Bloom Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) ($14.00 for 0.18 oz.) is a light-medium, bubblegum pink with subtle, cool undertones and a semi-matte finish. The texture was slightly drier, almost powdery compared to other shades in the formula, and it seemed a little thinner, which made it less blendable than other shades as well.
I’d recommend patting this one into place and then gently blending it altogether rather than trying to spread it out. It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage that lasted for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Justify My Love (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Dollface (P, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- theBalm Down Boy (P, $21.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay X-Rated (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Bubbly (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Givenchy It-Girl Purple (P, $44.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B212 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Bubbles, Please (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- KIKO 110 Bright Pink (P, $12.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Shortcake (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$14.00/0.18 oz. – $77.78 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to blend “effortlessly” and “build” to a “luminous matte” finish and “any intensity with ease.” In general, they had medium, buildable coverage that easily built up to mostly opaque to opaque coverage.
Per the brand, they recommend “tapping” rather than swirling one’s brush, which I’d agree with for picking up more buildable pigment–swirling or heavier motions could yield more opaque coverage in one go (which could be desired).
The texture was moderately dense, smooth, and not powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan, so the product picked up well with more feathery brushes as well as denser brushes.
As I applied the powder and buffed it into my skin, they had a more semi-matte to natural matte finish–not flat or dry but not overly shimmery either. They looked more “melted” on my skin, which gave them a better and more flattering finish applied. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Lethal Cosmetics Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) swatches.
CI 77019 (Mica), Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. [+/- (May Contain): Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 778161 (Tin Oxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 45410 (Red 27 Lake)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.