Gucci Beauty Light (02) Soleil Bronzing Powder ($62.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium brown with subtle, warm undertones and flecks of gold micro-sparkle over a more semi-matte finish. It had a stronger, red undertone that came through when I applied it to my skin but wasn’t as apparent when swatched. The texture was soft, lightly powdery in the pan but blendable and easy to work with.
It had good color payoff in a single layer, though it was more pigmented than “buildable” as described–but it wasn’t as rich in coverage as the other shades in the line (it was also a bit more powdery, which may have been why). I didn’t find the powderiness to be a problem in practice, though, as the bronzer went on evenly without looking dry or dusty on. There were signs of fading after eight and a half hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Buxom Backyard Bronze (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Soft Revenge (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Benefit Hoola Caramel (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- L’Oreal Light (01) (P, $14.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Golden Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Poolside (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Essence Bespoke (P, $2.99) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Physicians Formula Deep Bronzer (P, $14.99) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Too Faced Pineapple Paradise (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$62.00/0.42 oz. – $147.62 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “creamy” texture that is “buildable and feels comfortable all day” that “blends effortlessly” with a “healthy-looking glow.” They disclosed that it is a scented powder–it has a floral scent to my nose, noticeable enough when the compact is open and for a couple of hours after initial application.
There are five shades in the range, though the first two shades are rosier, while the next three are warmer/more golden; while they may seem like they go in order from light to dark, 02 is darker than 03 (the rest are in order). The texture was very soft, finely-milled, and silky to the touch with a bit of a glide to it, without being overly dense nor too powdery in the pan. This resulted in an easy product to apply as the powder went on evenly and diffused well along the edges with minimal effort.
I wouldn’t describe the pigmentation was buildable, though. I think you can use a lighter hand and pick up less product for a more buildable application of color, but the product itself was more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation. They seemed to have very, very fine pearl through most of the shades (one had more noticeable micro-sparkle, which gave them a more semi-matte to satin finish when applied and blended out on the skin. The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me before showing signs of wear.
Browse all of our Gucci Beauty Soleil Bronzing Powder swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Isostearate, C20-24 Alkyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C20-24 Olefin, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alumina, Limonene, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Linalool, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Mica, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891)].