Clionadh Apollo Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a lighter, yellow gold with moderate, warm undertones and an intense, metallic finish. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, which was more intensity than described. You’ll need to use a lighter hand and a less-dense brush for sheerer or less-intense application.
The texture was soft, lightly creamy, and blendable and seemed to stop just short of emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Now’s the Time (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Thimble (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Star Island (P, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Selfie (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Moonstone (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Duo de Camelias (Left) (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Moondance (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop You’re a Trip (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Gator Wings (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sunburst (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. – $59.52 Per Ounce
There’s not much that describes the formula other than it has a “soft, buildable application.” They tended to be quite pigmented–semi-opaque to fully opaque–with soft, smoother textures that weren’t too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I’d highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin’s natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!